The purpose of the Association shall be to provide leadership in educational affairs and to coordinate the resources of all representative groups in matters affecting education in Mississippi.
- To promote and provide leadership for improvement and advancement of public education in Mississippi.
- To provide a unified organization to support the need of educators and education in Mississippi.
- To establish and maintain effective communication and cooperation among school administrators and to stimulate interest in professional improvement.
- To initiate programs of improvement in educational procedures, techniques, administration, curriculum and instruction, and public relations.
- To promote and maintain high professional standards among educators.