Pearl Public School District is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Director of Transportation.
Length of Contract: 240 days
Beginning Date: July 1, 2019
The following qualifications, job goal, and performance responsibilities are required based on the job description.
1. College degree and a valid Mississippi Educator License with an endorsement in school administration preferred
2. Holds a commercial driver’s license
3. Experience in bus driver training, preferred
4. Kind and amount of prior job experience as required by the Board
5. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as deemed appropriate and acceptable by the Board of Trustees
REPORTS TO: Assistant Superintendent of Operations & Student Services
JOB GOAL: To provide a safe and efficient transportation department that meets the needs of the District’s curricular and extracurricular programs.
1. Assumes responsibility for own professional growth and development; for keeping current with the literature, new research and findings, and best practices; and for attending appropriate professional meetings.
2. Stays current with the latest state and federal guidelines regulations related to the transportation of students and staff; conforms to all state laws and regulations regarding the transportation of students and staff.
3. Maintains safety standards in compliance with state and insurance regulations and develops a program of risk management/preventative safety.
4. Advises the Superintendent on road hazards for decisions regarding school closings during inclement weather.
5. Develops and oversees a safe, effective, and cost efficient transportation program to meet all the requirements of the daily instructional program, extracurricular activities, and field trips; prepares bus routes and bus schedules for all schools in the district.
6. Trains and supports the bus drivers in maintaining appropriate student behavior on school buses.
7. Works with school administrators in managing student bus discipline issues.
8. Recruits, trains, and supervises all transportation personnel, making recommendations for their employment and release.
9. Prepares and submits the transportation department’s budgetary requests and monitors expenditures of funds.
10. Prepares or supervises the preparation of reports, records, lists, and all other paperwork required or appropriate to the transportation department’s administration as required by the district and state or federal agencies.
11. Assumes responsibility for the maintenance and care of all district-owned equipment and plans for preventative maintenance.
12. Develops recommendations for future equipment, personnel, and transportation needs based on a survey of resident students, distances, and/or grade levels.
13. Follows all Board policies and procedures.
14. Maintains regular attendance and is punctual.
15. Promotes the district’s vision, mission, and goals.
16. Adheres to the Mississippi Code of Ethics.
17. Performs other tasks and assumes other responsibilities as requested/assigned by the immediate supervisor and Superintendent.
Experience in the following areas is preferred:
Driving a School Bus
Application Process: Submit a letter of interest and a resume to Cedric Graham, Assistant Superintendent of Operations & Student Services, by noon on Friday, May 24.
Timeline: After a review of the resumes, a selected number of interviews will be held.
Pearl Public School District is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. The mission of Pearl Public School District is to prepare each student to become a lifelong learner, achieve individual goals, and positively impact a global society.