Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidated School District is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Director of Human Resources.
Length of Contract: 12 Months (240 days)
- Supervises staff members as designated by the superintendent.
- Plans and directs a system for selection and assignment of the best-qualified personnel.
- Review assignments, transfers, dismissals, and promotions.
- Certifies classifications and salaries to the finance department.
- Maintains accurate records of all personnel and applicants.
- Administers provisions of law as it applies to personnel, and personnel policies.
- Develops and implement goal areas as defined by the District Strategic Plan.
- Organizes substitute teachers or substitute teacher agency and assigns them to schools as needed.
- Supervises and evaluates all staff of the human resources department.
- Prepares and distributes recruiting materials to potential employees.
- Confers with principals to determine needs for teachers of various licensed areas.
- Certifies eligibility of employees for employee benefits programs.
- Cooperates with college and university schools of education and with career guidance offices regarding applicants.
- Manages the employee grievance process as designee of the superintendent.
- Attends regular meetings of the superintendent’s staff and serves actively to improve communication, cooperation, and planning.
- Provides necessary research for successful salary and benefits administration.
- Counsels and advises applicants, probationary and permanent personnel.
- Provides necessary processing for issuance and renewal of state credentials.
- Makes timely announcements of dates to be observed by applicants and employees to comply with state and district requirements.
- Plans, develops, and revises human resources policy proposal, personnel handbooks and other related information in accordance with current needs.
- Responds to questionnaires, surveys, and correspondence from governmental agencies requesting information on the district’s human resources program.
- Assumes administrative responsibility for routine duties of the human resources department.
- Supports the superintendent in the administrative efforts; interprets the superintendent’s ideas and decisions to staff and public; keeps the superintendent informed of pertinent department developments and events; and seeks the superintendent’s counsel or decision as necessary.
- Engages in actively advocating, promoting, and securing the rights of all persons with particular reference to employees of the school system.
- Serves as the district resource relative to employment legislation and related regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by the superintendent.
- Master’s Degree in related field.
- Three years of experience in human resource management
- Such other qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
- Knowledge of federal employment and labor laws
- Administrative experience
- Certified by Human Resource Certification Institute with either PHR or SPHR
- Demonstrated leadership working with other personnel
- Knowledge of the laws of State of Mississippi and Mississippi Department of Education policies as they relate to human resources
Apply online at www.starkvillesd.com